Interview and Audition requirements - Students are required to audition in all three areas:
1. Drama – Students should be prepared to perform a one minute monologue. The monologue should be from a published script. Students are to avoid material that is self-written, “Luisa’s” monologue from “The Fantastiks,” or monologues solely written for monologue books.
2. Dance – Students should be prepared to demonstrate a modern dance combination prepared by the dance faculty. Please bring clothes appropriate for dance.
3. Vocal – Students should be prepared to sing 16 bars of a song, preferably from a musical. Please bring sheet music with you.
Repertory Company High School for Theatre Arts is looking for serious students searching for a small nurturing environment in the theatre district. We are striving to admit students who have the motivation and stamina to succeed in our training program while completing the academic requirements for college. Your evaluation will be based on enthusiasm, the desire to perform, the capacity to promote yourself and the ability to use your voice and body as a means of artistic expression. If you are looking to contribute as well as benefit from our training program, this is the place for you.
On the day of the audition, parents should drop students off in the lobby on the first floor. The auditions will take approximately two hours, so parents should plan an activity in the area.
Admissions criteria and ranking formula available here.
Please click here to access the auditions registration page.
ALL students wishing to audition MUST register through this site. Auditions for students seeking admission in Fall 2019 will be held on the following dates:
- Monday, October 29th at 4 pm
- Monday, November 5th at 4 pm
- Saturday, November 10th at 9 am
- Saturday, November 17th at 9 am
- Monday, November 19th at 4 pm
A make-up date will be held on Monday, November 26th at 4 pm. This date is by individual appointment only, and is reserved for students who have extenuating circumstances preventing them from auditioning on any of the above dates. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Audition scores will be based on the surrounding rubrics.